Tuesday, March 27, 2007

What not to do in C programming

I have been programming for many years now, but I have occasionally claimed that I am an artist at heart, and a software professional by chance. Having said that, I must add that this chance has given me the dubious opportunity to encounter many interesting problems, which required hours of debugging, to find an amazingly simple solution.

I have primarily worked with C/CPP on UNIX so far, where I have come across problems that baffled many, for a long time, but the final solution turned out to be trivial, even plain common sense in many cases. These might interest [or perhaps even help] people who are programming in C or in any other language. In this blog, I am going to post problems as and when I come across them. And I would like to invite the readers [as and when they "find" this blog] to share their experiences, or be a contributor, if they like to.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whow..Congrats !! another blog baby ! Very cute name...!
Is it ok to assume that this will be dedicated to your work??

Bendtherulz

Sigma said...

Yes :-) There is not need to assume :-))
You are one loyal friend, who left a comment even before the blog is "officially" up. But feel free to give it a miss if it is all greek and latin to you:-)

Cuckoo said...

:((((((
I thought I am going to be first here.

ha ha .. even I have to give it a miss as I don't know A,B,C of C.

Congrats on your third child. My one child died a few months back. :(

I liked the name ! Paida hone ke pehle naamkaran kiya tha kya ? ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh No...not me - I can't give a miss..knowing your style...I know there would be a humour...and thats what appeals to me. However can't contribute much...so will give a miss.

ps - Appologies to lazy to log...he he he

Anonymous said...

Please add 100 more other languages...to your greek and latin...lol...

Sigma said...

@Cuckoo: Lol!! Now yo uhave got a taste of your own medicine ;-)
Not you too! There goes my readership :-(
Somehow I have always been under the impression that you too are in the field of software.
Yes ... of course I thought of a suitable name before putting this up :-) Sorry to hear about yours ....

Sigma said...

@BTR: Lol! And thank you :-)

Cuckoo said...

Of course I am from software industry. But this C is a Zee to me. ;)